Saturday, November 19, 2011

Seeing stripes

This cake isn't anything special on the outside....

You have to cut into it for the surprise inside:

Last week, before we left for Minnesota, Tracy sent me an email with a picture of a zebra striped cake...  All of a sudden I was obsessed.  How did they do that???  I spent a lot of time thinking about it.  I tried one before we left and it was a serious flop.  (Kyle enjoyed eating it, flop or not.)  It took 3 more tries once we returned home to get it right.  I think it looks really cool!  I would have decorated it a little more fancy but since it is just an experiment, I decided to go easy.  Plus, it was after 9 last night when I was ready to decorate!  I had a bunch of leftover batter so I decided to see if it would work with cupcakes:
The technique needs a little tweaking but I still think they look pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment